William P. Cassidy Jr.
Bill Cassidy is a partner at McKown Bailey. He has extensive trial experience in both jury and non-jury settings. For over twenty-three years, Bill has been a zealous advocate for his clients in complex commercial actions involving large corporations, including litigating under the Lanham Act and other intellectual property statutes, the Florida Deceptive and Unfair Trade Practices Act, the Securities Exchange Act, the Uniform Trade Secrets Act, Title III of the ADA, and negotiation/litigation involving restrictive covenants and noncompetition agreements. Bill's practice also covers general commercial, real estate and business disputes governed by federal and state law, as well as representing clients in employment law matters, including Title VII, ADA, FMLA, ADEA, FLSA, cases governed by Florida and federal whistleblower laws and representing clients before the NLRB on matters involving concerted activity. Additionally, Bill handles family law matters that involve complex business issues and high net worth disputes. In recognition of his top tier advocacy, Bill has been listed in the prestigious Best Lawyers in America.
In addition to his experience in private practice, Bill was a law clerk for the Honorable James D. Whittemore, Judge of the United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida.
Bill received his J.D. from The University of North Carolina School of Law where he served as Circulation Editor for the North Carolina Journal of International Law and Commercial Regulation and authored "Universal Service in a Competitive Telecommunications Environment," 25 N.C.J. Int'l. L. & Com. Reg. 108. He graduated from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill with distinction in 1996, earning a bachelor's degree in Political Science with a minor in History.
- University of North Carolina School of Law, Chapel Hill, North Carolina
- J.D. - 2000
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- B.A. - 1996
- Honors: with distinction
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit
- The Florida Bar Labor and Employment Section
- American Bar Association
- Florida Bar Labor and Employment Law Section’s ABA Liaison Committee, Chairperson (2008-2010)
- ABA EEOC Regional Subcommittee, National Co-chairperson (2008-2010)
- Johnson, Cassidy, Newlon & Decort, 2013-2023
- Shutts & Bowen, LLC, 2007-2013
- Trenam Kemker, 2000-2007